We finally got a name for this interesting Agaricus. This is the brown scaled cap red staining Agaricus which we find under Pinus radiata and Messmate eucalypt. Its cap is dense, very dark brown and thickly scaled but without a darkened centre. The stipe is hollow, dense and both it and the cap stain red when damaged within 30 seconds. We DNA’d this species last year and it put it as around 95% Agaricus bohusii. Richard Kerrigan’s recent book describes a red staining Agaricus identical to our red stainer in subclade ‘bohusii’ bit that prefers mainly Cyprus pine. So...Read More
Find your shroom?
Top of the shop
- Wine Cap (Stropharia rugosoannulata) Petri Dish Culture $25.00
- The 'Dont feed after midnight' albino Pearl Oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus) petri dish culture $22.00
- Wine Cap (Stropharia rugosoannulata) Spawn Bag $50.00
- Lepista sordida - the lilac blewit - culture $22.00
- Feral Blue Oyster culture - Pleurotus ostreatus $22.00